Story Spaces, LLC DBA Story respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to personal data we collect on www.storylouisville.com (the “Website”), other digital assets, and your participation as a member of Story. The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, and with whom we share it. We also describe the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
“Personal data,” as used in this Notice, means information about an individual that, either on its own or together with other information, can be used to identify the individual.
1. How We Obtain Information About You
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Website, other Story digital assets, and services including, but not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number, such as when you:
· Register on the Website, to create a User Account;
· Fill out a form on the Website;
· Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Website;
· Sign-up to a feature that we offer on the Website and you provide your personal data in connection with that feature;
· Attend an event that we or one of our business partners has organized;
· Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email); or
· Vote in awards, enter a competition, respond to a survey.
When you visit our Website, we also may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons. Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to identify your browser uniquely or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Non-cookie-based tokens are encoded URL-based identifiers that track e-mail click-thru activity or time-sensitive password reset keys and will work in scenarios where cookies are disabled or a session has not been initiated.
Where permitted by law, we may acquire personal data about you from third parties. This may include personal data shared between our affiliates and business partners, publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests) on third party social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter), and marketing lists acquired from third-party marketing agencies.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts that we will notify you of at the time.
2. Information We Obtain
Each form on our Website varies in the information required and collected. In most cases, an asterisk (*) indicates the required information on a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
Users must opt in to receive marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of every email we send or, alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect Automatically
Our web servers may log information such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Website and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the Websites, such as which pages you visit. To control which web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags called “web beacons” — small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. We may also collect information from your browser, such as your browsing history, and use it in conjunction with data gathered from forms and e-mails to help us understand and respond to your needs.
Where the information gathered is completely anonymized, the information will not constitute personal data.
Social Media Widgets
The Website includes social media functions, such as Google, Twitter and Facebook widgets. These widgets may collect information about which pages you visit on the Website and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly.
Social media functions and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on the Website. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Website are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on our Website, we strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and features.
Information That We Obtain From Third Parties
Information that we collect from third parties will generally consist of publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests), for example from public social media posts.
3. How We Use Information That We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to respond to your inquiry, for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our Website or other digital assets to:
· operate, evaluate, and improve our platform;
· develop new products and services;
· perform market research;
· advertise and market our products and services;
· determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
· analyze our products, services, and websites;
· administer the Website;
· segment and personalize the marketing communication that you have viewed on the Website.
We may also use the information to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and the Terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
Information That We Collect Automatically
We use personal data that we collect automatically through cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web beacons, and other automated means for purposes such as customizing and enhancing our visitors’ visits to the Website, facilitating use of the Website, collecting statistics about your visits to the Website, and understanding the manner in which our visitors browse the Website.
We also use the information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer the Website, and identify visitors to the Website. We use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on web pages of the Website, how visitors navigate through the Website, and how we may tailor the Website to meet the needs of our visitors.
To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Other Uses of Information
4. Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data that you provide to us or that we collect on our Website, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide to us or that we collect on the Website with:
· Our business partners.
· A named third party, for example in relation to a creative commons content provider whose works you are using for your work, and only where you have given consent; service providers that perform services on our behalf.
· We may share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as analytics providers, hosting providers, sponsors, content providers and other partners. All service providers have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
· In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (c) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
5. How Long We Keep Information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
· Personal data you provide to us when you make a purchase through our Website: we keep this personal data in order to process and deliver your purchase, and then we store it securely for seven years.
· Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or until we do not have any contact with you for two years.
· Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics. We anonymise personal data used for analytics, immediately.
Website logs: we keep Website audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for several months.
6. Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices or relevant laws. We will post the updated version and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. You are responsible for reviewing this Notice when visiting the Website to learn about any changes.
7. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or any issue relating to how we collect, use, or disclose personal data, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us by email to: email@example.com
Or in writing at:
900 East Main Street
Louisville, KY 40206